In this month’s newsletter:
- Sage 100cloud Product Updates
- Chortek Sage 100cloud User Group Update
- Sage CRM User Conference – July 28th
- Sage Alerts & Workflow Video Outlining Features of Version 10
- Sage 50 News
- Sage COVID-19: Business Support Finder
- Sage 100 Version 2017 support ends 9/30/20
- Sage Summit 2020 – Orlando – December 9-11
- Chortek Updates – ITA Spring Conference, Sage Summit, and Avalara Partner Advisory Board
- Resources for Sage 100/100c Users
- What Software Products does Chortek Support?
1. Sage 100cloud Product Updates
a. Production Management for 2020 released
b. Payroll 2.20.2 released
Updates for quarterly reporting for COVID-19 related tax issues
The new release of Sage Payroll version 2.20.2 and the updated Form 941 in Federal and State Tax Reporting are now available for download. Both updates need to be installed in order to access the Q2 Form 941 tax form. Highlights of the new Payroll 2.20.2 features include:
Two new Payroll worksheets (Emergency Leave Worksheet and Employee Retention Credit Worksheet). Note: To access these new worksheets, enable them under Role Maintenance>Tasks tab>Payroll>Reports/Forms.
- Quarterly Tax Report Updates
- Updates in Federal and State Tax Reporting
- International Address Support
- Time Track Entry Hours Recap feature
The updated Form 941 (rev 4-2020) is to be used for the rest of 2020 (starting with the 2nd quarter filing) and incorporates the changes made by the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act that added various types of payroll tax relief. The 2020 Form 941 is now 3 pages and adds lines to account for:
- Credit for Qualified Sick and Family Leave Wages;
- Employee Retention Credit; and
- Deferred Amount of the Employer Share of Social Security Tax.
Review additional information regarding Sage Payroll 2.20.2, updates to Form 941 and other COVID-19 resources on Sage City.
2. Chortek Sage 100cloud User Group Update
We are currently planning a virtual user group for October with the same format as the 2018 and 2019 user group meetings but virtually. Details coming soon.
3. Sage CRM User Conference – July 28th
If you are interested in attending this no-cost virtual conference, you can now register.
5. Sage 50cloud News
Sage 50cloud version 2021 upgrade is being released July 15, 2020
What’s new and product improvements include:
- Enhanced security with Gmail
- This integration with Gmail has been updated to meet Google’s new security standards.
- Sage Drive is now Remote Data Access
- Stay productive, at home or on the go
- Collaborate on your books with your CPA
- Avoid data loss with risky transfer services or storing your data to a USB
- Sage ID is now included
- This is a single login to access all your connected services with Sage 50 subscription
- These services include Remote Data Access, Bank Feeds or Invoice Payments
- Memorized Purchase Invoices
- You can now create a memorized transaction for Purchase Invoices/bills
- Enter and save common transactions and use them repeatedly
- New mouse over text for fields provides extra information
- Hover your mouse over fields to view additional information
- Items, Job ID, Assemblies/Phases and Cost Codes are now included
- Ship to Name for Customer Lists
- The Ship to Name now appears on the customer management tab for:
- Sales Invoices
- Sales Orders
- Item Sales History by Customer
- Auto Entry
- Automate manual data entry to save time and eliminate stressful deadlines
- Improve data accuracy
- Reduce time spent on data entry tasks