In this month’s newsletter:
- Sage 100cloud Product Updates
- Chortek Sage 100cloud User Group Update
- Sage CRM User Conference – July 28th
- Sage Alerts & Workflow Video Outlining Features of Version 10
- Sage 50 News
- Sage COVID-19: Business Support Finder
- Sage 100 Version 2017 support ends 9/30/20
- Sage Summit 2020 – Orlando – December 9-11
- Chortek Updates – ITA Spring Conference, Sage Summit, and Avalara Partner Advisory Board
- Resources for Sage 100/100c Users
- What Software Products does Chortek Support?
1. Sage 100cloud Product Updates
a. Production Management for 2020 released
b. Payroll 2.20.2 released
Updates for quarterly reporting for COVID-19 related tax issues
The new release of Sage Payroll version 2.20.2 and the updated Form 941 in Federal and State Tax Reporting are now available for download. Both updates need to be installed in order to access the Q2 Form 941 tax form. Highlights of the new Payroll 2.20.2 features include:
Two new Payroll worksheets (Emergency Leave Worksheet and Employee Retention Credit Worksheet). Note: To access these new worksheets, enable them under Role Maintenance>Tasks tab>Payroll>Reports/Forms.
- Quarterly Tax Report Updates
- Updates in Federal and State Tax Reporting
- International Address Support
- Time Track Entry Hours Recap feature
The updated Form 941 (rev 4-2020) is to be used for the rest of 2020 (starting with the 2nd quarter filing) and incorporates the changes made by the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act that added various types of payroll tax relief. The 2020 Form 941 is now 3 pages and adds lines to account for:
- Credit for Qualified Sick and Family Leave Wages;
- Employee Retention Credit; and
- Deferred Amount of the Employer Share of Social Security Tax.
Review additional information regarding Sage Payroll 2.20.2, updates to Form 941 and other COVID-19 resources on Sage City.
2. Chortek Sage 100cloud User Group Update
We are currently planning a virtual user group for October with the same format as the 2018 and 2019 user group meetings but virtually. Details coming soon.
3. Sage CRM User Conference – July 28th
If you are interested in attending this no-cost virtual conference, you can now register.
4. Sage Alerts & Workflow Video Outlining Features of Version 10
This new video outlines:
- What “actionable insight” is, and how it benefits a business
- The components of Sage Alerts & Workflow
- The top 10 uses of Sage Alerts & Workflow for ERP
- A live demo of Sage Alerts & Workflow
- 3 deal-closing statistics
5. Sage 50cloud News
Sage 50cloud version 2021 upgrade is being released July 15, 2020
What’s new and product improvements include:
- Enhanced security with Gmail
- This integration with Gmail has been updated to meet Google’s new security standards.
- Sage Drive is now Remote Data Access
- Stay productive, at home or on the go
- Collaborate on your books with your CPA
- Avoid data loss with risky transfer services or storing your data to a USB
- Sage ID is now included
- This is a single login to access all your connected services with Sage 50 subscription
- These services include Remote Data Access, Bank Feeds or Invoice Payments
- Memorized Purchase Invoices
- You can now create a memorized transaction for Purchase Invoices/bills
- Enter and save common transactions and use them repeatedly
- New mouse over text for fields provides extra information
- Hover your mouse over fields to view additional information
- Items, Job ID, Assemblies/Phases and Cost Codes are now included
- Ship to Name for Customer Lists
- The Ship to Name now appears on the customer management tab for:
- Sales Invoices
- Sales Orders
- Item Sales History by Customer
- The Ship to Name now appears on the customer management tab for:
- Auto Entry
- Automate manual data entry to save time and eliminate stressful deadlines
- Improve data accuracy
- Reduce time spent on data entry tasks
6. Sage COVID-19: Business Support Finder
- The U.S. government has announced various programs to help businesses access financial support to tackle the challenges they’re facing due to COVID-19.
- Sage has put together this simple tool to help you understand which of these programs your business could be eligible for and clear guidance on how you access them. Click below to begin.
7. Sage 100cloud Version 2017 support ends 9/30/20. Product Updates for 2018 already ended.
- Sage 100 Version 2017 customers are now on the clock to get upgraded before support ends on 9/30/2020. Please see our website for What’s New in each edition via our document library and contact your account manager to conduct a planning meeting for your upgrade.
- Product Updates for Version 2018 have also ended although the product is supported through 9/30/21. See more on supported versions.
8. Sage Summit 2020 will be Orlando – December 9-11
9. Chortek Updates
- Steve will be attending the ITA Spring Conference virtually July 26-28
- Mark will be attending Sage Summit December 9-11
- Steve is also serving on the Avalara Partner Advisory Board – next meeting August 12
10. Resources for Sage 100/100c Users
- Sage Webinars: Sage 100 Cloud Learning Series
- July 23 – Federal 941 form changes for COVID-19
- August 12 – Creating Dashboards using Sage Intelligence Reporting
- October 6 – Using Business Insights Explorer to Work More Efficiently
- December 17 – Making the Most of Visual Process Flows
- Please visit our document library to view the What’s New documents for Sage 100 versions 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 (these are the currently supported versions). Past versions are also listed.
- Supported Versions: Support for Version 2017 will end 9/30/20.
- Supported Platform Matrix by version and level: i.e. Windows 10 supported in Version 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 only and support for Windows Server 2016 started with Version 2016. Windows Server 2019 is supported as of Version 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- Files to exclude from Anti-Virus programs – most slowness issues in Sage 100 are anti-virus scanning or hardware related. Be sure to check anti-virus software first.
- YouTube: Sage 100 and Sage Software NA videos
- YouTube: Sage CRM
11. What software does Chortek Support?
- Sage Intacct
- Sage 50cloud (formerly Peachtree)
- Sage BusinessWorks
- Sage 100 and 100cloud
- Sage 100cloud Manufacturing (i.e. JobOps)
- Sage CRM
- Sage Fixed Assets
- Sage Alerts & Workflow
- Sage Inventory Advisor
- Sage AP Automation
- Sage 100 integrated products:
- ScanForce and Scanco for warehouse automation and bar code
- Starship for shipping integration with USPS, UPS, Fedex and others
- EDI Solutions from TrueCommerce, SPS Commerce and Mapadoc
- Avalara for Sales Tax Automation
- Altec for Document Management
- Credit Card Processing – Paya, APS and Century Business
- Web Store interfaces – link web orders to Sage Order Entry (CIMCloud and WebServices)
- MS Access, MS SQL and Crystal Reports