We can’t believe it’s already May! Here are all the updates you need to know about Chortek’s Business Software Consulting Team for May 2020
In this month’s newsletter:
- Since last newsletter – Sales Tax Changes, Sage 100 and Sage CRM 2020 and Free Sage Training
- Sage COVID-19: Business Support Finder
- Avalara Sales Tax Compliance
- DocLink – Document Management Remotely
- Sage Payroll TLS update by 6/15/2020
- Sage 100cloud Version 2020
- Sage CRM 2020 release
- Sage 50cloud 2020
- Sage 100 Version 2017 support ends 9/30/20
- Sage Summit 2020- Orlando – December 9-11
- Chortek Updates – ITA Spring Conference, Sage Summit and Avalara Partner Advisory Board
- Sage 100 Supported Platform Matrix
- Resources for Sage 100/100c Users
- What Software Products does Chortek Support?
1. New since last newsletter on 3/15/2020
March 31 client update
- Sales Tax Changes – included in our March 31 Client Update
- Wisconsin Baseball Stadium Tax expired 3/31
- Sage 100 and Sage CRM Version 2020 in March 31 Client update and below
- Industry Solutions was released March 24, 2020 for new customers only.
Free training from Sage per our April 14 client update
3. Avalara Sales Tax Compliance
Assess your tax compliance risk and get 3 months free automation
As companies look for ways to make better use of their precious resources, managing tax compliance is one of those time-consuming processes that are high on the list to automate. Here are two actions you can take to get started:
- Take Avalara’s free economic nexus assessment – Staying compliant in multiple states is hard, especially since sales tax rates and rules change frequently, and lots of businesses are changing how they go to market. Most states now require you to register, collect, and remit sales tax if your sales into that state exceed certain economic nexus thresholds. Take this free Sales Tax Risk Assessment to help determine where your sales have created a need to register to collect and remit sales tax.
- Automate your sales tax compliance – If you are confident in your nexus footprint, then take the next step and remove your tax compliance burden altogether. Avalara is offering three months of tax automation at no cost when you add our premier cloud-based tax compliance suite to your finance and commerce systems.
For a limited time: Enjoy the power of automating sales tax calculations and filing returns for free for three months and make no payments for 90 days when you sign up for 12-months of AvaTax or AvaTax and Avalara Returns with annual billing via automatic payment. Offer valid for new Avalara customers only and expires on June 30th, 2020.
Questions? Reach out to us. We’re here to help.
4. DocLink – Document Management Remotely
We realize that these are challenging times, and we see many companies struggling to figure out how to continue operations with a remote workforce.
If you and your staff are not able to access the documents and data you need to remotely conduct business as usual, this is a good time to re-evaluate how you handle your business documents and data. DocLink is the Sage-endorsed document management and workflow automation solution. They help companies go paperless and automate any business processes so you can do your work from anywhere.
Check out these short videos and then contact Chortek if you want to learn more about DocLink:
5. Sage Payroll Will Stop Working With TLS 1.0 On June 15, 2020
Sage recently sent another notice that as of June 15, 2020 Payroll users must be on version 2018.3 or higher and using the most current TLS protocol in order to communicate with the Sage Payroll Tax Calculation Engine.
6. Sage 100cloud Version 2020 – Release date March 18, 2020
New features in the Sage 100 version 2020 release are listed below. Since most of these features will only be available in Sage 100cloud, consider making plans to migrate to subscription to take advantage of these new features.
- Support for International Addresses(see example below) – Customer and Contact files
- Expanded address fields from 30 to 40 characters
- City from 20 to 30 characters
- Telephone from 17 to 20 characters and Extension from 5 to 6 characters
- Customer name from 30 to 50 characters
- Multiple POs on a single receipt/invoice/return
- Multiple Sales orders on once invoice in a prior release
- Accounts Payable reverse check run utility (verses one at a time previously)
- Inventory Lot/Serial expiration dates
- eInvoicing (powered by Paya) – email customer invoices with ability to pay via ACH, Credit Card, etc.
- Imports back to Cash Receipt entry for posting
- Vendor and Customer Personal Information Encryption (CCPA)
- Custom Office – defer/schedule update of UDF’s/UDT’s additions/changes, etc
- and much more….
What’s New in Sage 100 2020
Sage Guide to Version 2020
The following guides can help you better understand the changes to Version 2020:
Sage 100 Product Documents
Sage 100cloud Release Highlights
8. Sage 50cloud 2020
Sage 50cloud 2020 was released last year and since then, service pack one and two have also been released. In case you didn’t have time to go over all the new stuff in these updates, we’re listing them out for you here. Perhaps you can take advantage of some of them to make your life easier!
New Features in version 2020.0
- New and expanded data entry fields
- Billing addresses from 30 to 50 characters
- Sales Order
- Receive Money window – deposit ticket ID = 20 characters
- Item type = 20 characters
- Vendors – new notes field that will give you up to 255 characters
- Additional payroll withholding fields
- Special withholding fields – 3 additional fields added
- Email sales forms to additional customer contacts
- Email defaulted to primary contact
- Now, you can click the “email’ button, select “to” field and choose the additional contact to send the emailed form. Does not pertain to “batch printing”
- Pertains to all customer forms
- Sales orders
- Credit memos
- Upgraded database engine (Actian Zen PSQL 13)
- New Notification button at top of Sage 50 window.
- No more pop ups for updates, etc.
- Notification button will show when a message exists.
New Features in version 2020.1
- Payroll tax law compliance and improvements
- W4 new form – withholding info tab
- Filing status dropdown
- Hired before or after 1/1/2020 new fields
- 1099 eFiling is easier in the “preparer” grid
- Aatrix has new HR forms and reports
- Cloud / Mobile apps and services menu includes mobile invoicing
New Features in version 2020.2
- New drag and drop attachments feature – system wide
- Drag and drop files into attachments window after clicking the “attach” button on appropriate windows
- Additional HR forms and reports available in Aatrix
- Employee manual
- Employee hire packets
- Employee termination packets
- Customize all forms and reports with your logo and information.
- Create alerts
Remember that Microsoft has ended support for Windows version 7, therefore so has Sage. A warning message will appear to let you know this if you have Sage 50 version 2020.2 installed onto a Windows 7 workstation.
If you have any questions on these new features, please call Debby Hanson at 920-968-0980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Supported Platform Matrix for Sage 100
Support for Version 2017 ends 9/30/20. More importantly, you will notice product updates end much sooner. While your version may be supported, product updates may no longer be available. At this point, anyone on version 2017 is no longer getting Product Updates or Hot Fixes and year end updates ended 12/31/19.