Succession Planning Series
As a business owner, a plan for determining the ownership of your business is not optional. If you become disabled, medically unable or suffer any other life-altering condition that would prevent you from maintaining control over your business, who would take over? Do you have someone in mind? Does that person know? Do you have a succession plan?
Newsletters on Succession Exit Planning brought to you by Mark Albrecht:
- 4/7/2020 Smoothing Out Friction Between Business Owners
- 3/17/2020 How To Be Sure You Are Leaving Your Business in Good Hands
- 3/04/2020 Thinking of Selling Your Business to an Employee?
- 2/18/2020 Which Planning Process is the Best Fit For You?
- 2/04/2020 Strategies for Reducing Risk and Improving Outcomes
- 01/22/2020 The 7 Cs of Planning Success
- 01/07/2020 3 Ways to Position Yourself and Your Family for Future Success
- 12/17/2019 Why Defining Goals is Important and How to Do It
- 12/03/2019 If You Love What You Do, Why Should You Make Plans to Leave?
- 11/19/2019 Must You Fire Your Managers to Grow the Business?
- 11/05/2019 How Do Business Performance and Health Affect Your Planning?
- 10/15/2019 How Long Does Planning For Your Business’ Future Take?
- 10/01/2019 What You May Get Wrong About Business Valuations
- 09/17/2019 Optionality and Plans for Your Business Future
- 09/03/2019 Shaping Your Plans For a Successful Future
- 08/20/2019 Successful Planning Starts Much Earlier Than You Think
- 08/06/2019 Fairness and Equity Among Family Members
- 07/16/2019 2 Self-Made Problems That Can Harm Your Planning
- 07/02/2019 Turning a Lifestyle Business Into a Business Enterprise
- 06/18/2019 A Planning Process for Future Success
- 06/04/2019 Protecting What You Care About:Business, Family & Employees
- 05/21/2019 Maintaining Control, Minimizing Risk, and Rewarding Your Best Employees
- 05/07/2019 Whether You Sell Your Business or Not, the Planning Is the Same
- 04/16/2019 3 Things That Can Build Future Business Value
- 04/02/2019 Why make Your Business More Valuable Without You?
- 03/19/2019 Is Your Business Worth as Much as You Think?
- 03/06/2019 Working Backward: 3 Questions to Ask About Your Planning
- 02/19/2019 Incentivizing Your Best Employees to Stay
- 02/05/2019 3 Things to Remember About Third-Party Sales
- 01/15/2019 How Business Owners Are Approaching Their Futures
- 01/01/2019 How to Leverage Your Strengths in a Business Exit
- 12/04/2018 Why Maintaining Planning Momentum Is Important
- 11/20/2018 Are You Being Your Own Worst Enemy?
- 11/07/2018 Reducing Risk Can Build Value
- 10/17/2018 What Business Owners Assume About Financial Planning Hurts Them
- 10/03/2018 Death Can Ruin Your Plans
- 09/18/2018 What Exit Planning Can Do for You
- 09/05/2018 Even If You Never Plan to Exit Your Business, Exit Planning Can Still Help
- 08/22/2018 Why You’ll Need an Advisor Team
- 08/07/2018 Getting the Results You Want
- 07/17/2018 3 Benefits of Written Exit Plans
- 07/03/2018 What’s So Important About Planning
- 06/19/2018 Balancing Your Goals With Your Family Goals in Family Transfers
- 06/05/2018 The Dangers of Transferring to Children Without Planning
- 05/15/2018 Unforeseen Challenges to Third-Party Sales
- 05/01/2018 Building Business Value Through Exit Planning
- 04/17/2018 The Two-Pronged Approach to Exit Planning
- 04/03/2018 How Emotion Affects Your Business Exit
- 03/20/2018 The Importance of Setting an Exit Date
- 03/06/2018 Handling the Early Stages of Exit Planning
- 02/20/2018 Does Exit Planning Protect Business Value?
- 02/06/2018 When Key Employees Stall Your Exit
- 01/16/2018 Knowing What You Have to Get What You Need
- 01/02/2018 Setting Exit Goals for the New Year
- 12/19/2017 Estate Planning: A Small Slice of a Bigger Pie
- 12/05/2017 Business Continuity Instructions: Guiding Your Family, Even After Death
- 11/21/2017 What Could Go Wrong When Transferring Ownership to Employees?
- 11/07/2017 Avoiding Unwanted Surprises
- 10/17/2017 For Business Exits, Being Inconsequential Is Of Great Compromise
- 10/03/2017 Minimizing Threats to Business Value
- 09/19/2017 How To Increase Your Business’ Value Using Value Drivers
- 09/05/2017 An Estimate of Future Company Cash Flow
- 08/15/2017 Why Setting Goals Is Important, Even If They Change
- 08/01/2017 Protect Against the Pain of Exiting Your Business
- 07/18/2017 Which Comes First? Estate Planning or Exit Planning
- 07/04/2017 Death and Taxes vs. Preserving Wealth: The Final Exit Planning Contest
- 06/20/2017 Business Continuity Planning for Co-Owners
- 06/06/2017 Maintain Control, Save on Taxes, and Set Fair Value Using Buy-Sell Agreement
- 05/16/2017 Preparing For the Worst: Business Continuity Planning For Sole Owners
- 05/02/2017 The Essential Business Agreement: A Business Continuity Agreement Among Owners
- 04/18/2017 Avoiding Disasters in Insider Transfers
- 04/04/2017 Elements Of A Plan To Sell To Insiders
- 03/21/2017 Are You And Your Company Candidates For A Third Party Sale?
- 03/07/2017 Sticking a Toe (or Two) in the Exit Planning Pool
- 01/03/2017 Selecting Your Exit Goals
- 12/20/2016 Failure To Plan Has A Price
- 11/15/2016 The Impact of Value Drivers on Sale Price
- 11/01/2016 Does Value-Building Equal Exit Planning?
- 10/04/2016 First Things First: Prioritize Your Objectives
- 09/20/2016 Why Exit Planning? Why Now?
- 09/06/2016 Former Business Owners Express No Regrets About Selling Out
- 08/16/2016 Is Exit Planning Worth the Time and Money?
- 08/02/2016 Navigating the Choppy Waters of a Sale to a Third Party
- 07/19/2016 Exit Your Business Without Leaving It
- 07/05/2016 An Agreement Is Not A Plan
- 06/21/2016 Equality and Fairness in Transfers to Kids
- 06/07/2016 Value Doesn’t Grow On Trees…Or Does It?
- 05/17/2016 Death And Taxes vs. Preserving Wealth – The Final Exit Planning Contest
- 05/03/2016 What To Expect From A Buyer
- 04/19/2016 Characteristics of Bonus Incentive Plans
- 04/05/2016 Looking for Financial Clues to your Exit Readiness
- 03/15/2016 Loss of Key Talent – You The Owner
- 03/01/2016 My Lawyer Told Me Not To Do It
- 02/16/2016 Bonus Incentive Plans for Employees: What’s the Point?
- 02/02/2016 Creating Value in Your Business to Get Top Dollar When You Leave It
- 01/19/2016 What Does Your Business Value Tell You?
- 01/05/2016 A Race Against Time
- 12/15/2015 So You’re Never Leaving…Got A Plan For That?
Contact our team of professionals today to discover how
we can meet the unique needs of your organization.