Are you looking for a role where you form close relationships with entrepreneurial business owners, not only helping their business tax needs, but helping their personal planning needs as well? Would you like something different than a high-volume environment, moving to one where high quality, deeper dives, and strategic ideas seeing the whole big picture, the end game, is valued? Are you looking for more of a work-life balance where 80-90 hour works weeks during tax season are not expected?
About The Role
Chortek LLP is currently seeking Tax Accountants to join our team in the Waukesha, Wisconsin office. Tax Associates and Lead Tax Associates will work on a wide variety of tax engagements for our entrepreneurial owners, their business and investment enterprises, and their trusts, focusing on developing tax planning strategies, and preparation and review of income tax returns. If you enjoy a fast pace, challenging projects, continuously learning and interacting with clients, your opportunity to grow with the firm and develop your skills is unlimited. We prove work/life balance within a relaxed yet professional environment.
- Prepare Partnership, S-corporation and C-corporation tax returns, including multi-state filings and personal property
- Prepare Individual and Trust tax returns
- Learn to apply the process and procedures of reviewing these returns
- Interact directly with clients and other Team Members to deliver high quality work product and identify proactive tax planning strategies considering the entire client relationship
- Stay abreast of current tax law and communicate opportunities to Team Members
- Make personal development a priority, seeking feedback and opportunities to grow
- Dedicate necessary effort to complete assignments accurately and on time
- Adhere to firm values
- 2+ years of relevant experience to the listed responsibilities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting/Tax
- Maintaining or working toward a valid CPA credential
- Ability to work independently and within a client service team
- Gaining understanding of income tax law including knowledge of individual, fiduciary and business entity tax return fundamentals
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency with ProSystem Fx Tax and Fixed Asset programs is ideal
Chortek is a leading professional services firm with deep industry experience. We deliver accounting, auditing, and tax compliance services, coupled with value-driven technology solutions and tailored M&A offerings. Chortek advises business leaders and individuals on innovative ways to protect assets and enhance efficiencies through a consistent, client-centric experience. Our goal: Success for the life of your business.
- Competitive compensation scaled with experience
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Work/life balance in a professional, but relaxed environment
- Dress for the Day policy
- Paid continuing professional education and professional organization dues
Does this sound like the right fit for you? Apply for our Tax Accountant opening today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law