We take work-life balance seriously! We foster an environment where people engage with fulfilling work, grow professionally, & prioritize their life.
Chortek is a leading professional services firm with deep industry experience. We deliver accounting, auditing, and tax compliance services as well as value-driven technology solutions and tailored M&A offerings. We exist to serve business owners and their families by supporting their day-to-day operations and providing innovative ways to grow and protect their assets.
We truly believe that our number one asset is our employees, which is why we have created an employee-first business model for our firm. We strive to foster an environment where people engage with fulfilling work and grow professionally. Our entire team is supported by our talent development program to ensure everyone is moving forward in their career. We also strongly advocate maintaining a healthy work-life balance and strive to provide the flexibility and resources necessary to achieve it.
Your Career as a State and Local Tax Accountant
If you’re a natural problem solver who loves working on a variety of projects, this is the career for you! As a State and Local Tax Accountant, you will work with a wide range of business leaders utilizing your specialized skill set to organize and process their important financial data. You will be a key member of our Tax team and an important contributor to our firm’s mission of supporting the success of local businesses.
Your Responsibilities as a State and Local Tax Accountant
- Work with a variety of clients in many different industries.
- Manage multi-state sales and use tax compliance with nexus studies, voluntary disclosures, and other consultations with clients.
- Participate on income tax return projects with review and recommendations of various state and city filing requirements.
- Plan, execute, direct, and complete tax projects in a wide variety of industries; provide tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients; and manage to budget.
- Develop content and messaging for support of internal training and external marketing emphasis.
- Adhere to firm values.
- Work with team members on various projects. (cross-department projects? Internal projects?)
- Experience with sales & use tax compliance
- Managing multi-clients
- Supporting projects
- Bachelors or master’s degree in accounting
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in accounting and with sales & use tax
- Holds CPA designation
- Willing and able to travel a limited amount of time
- Flexibility to meet seasonal workload
- Competitive compensation package scaled with experience
- Three weeks’ vacation, plus forty hours of sick time
- Paid continuing professional education and professional organization dues
- Firm-wide commitment to work/life balance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- Professional, yet a relaxed working environment
- “Dress for the Day” policy
- Personalized career coaching, development, and support
- Fun social activities