Chortek is a leading professional services and planning firm with deep industry experience. We deliver accounting, auditing, and tax compliance services as well as value-driven technology solutions and tailored M&A offerings. We exist to serve business owners and their families by supporting their day-to-day operations and providing innovative ways to grow and protect their assets.
We truly believe that our number one asset is our employees, which is why we have created an employee-first business model for our firm. We strive to foster an environment where people engage with fulfilling work and grow professionally. Our entire team is supported by our talent development program to ensure everyone is moving forward in their career. We also strongly advocate maintaining a healthy work-life balance and strive to provide the flexibility and resources necessary to achieve it.
Your Career as a State and Local Tax Accountant
If you’re a natural problem solver who loves working on a variety of projects, this is the career for you! As a State and Local Tax Accountant, you will work with a wide range of business leaders utilizing your specialized skillset to organize and process their important financial data. You will be a key member of our Tax team and an important contributor to our firm’s mission of supporting the success of local businesses.
Responsibilities as a State and Local Tax Accountant
• Work with a variety of clients in many different industries.
• Manage multi-state sales and use tax compliance with nexus studies, voluntary disclosures, and other consultations with clients.
• Participate on income tax return projects with review and recommendations of various state and city filing requirements.
• Plan, execute, direct, and complete tax projects in a wide variety of industries; provide tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients; and manage to budget.
• Develop content and messaging for support of internal training and external marketing emphasis.
• Work with team members on various projects; tax projects, along with cross-department projects
Experience with sales & use tax compliance
Bachelors or master’s degree in accounting or finance
Minimum 3-5 years of experience in accounting and with sales and use tax
Hold a CPA designation
• Excellent Culture- Collaborative, Respectful, Fun, Kind, Learning, Employee-centric
• Competitive compensation package scaled with experience
• Three weeks of vacation, plus forty hours of sick time
• Paid continuing professional education and professional organization dues
• Firm-wide commitment to work/life balance
• Flexible working arrangements
• Hybrid work schedule
• Professional, yet a relaxed, working environment
• “Dress for the Day” policy
• Personalized career coaching, development, and support
• Fun social activities