Chortek is a leading professional services and planning firm with deep industry experience. We deliver accounting, auditing, and tax compliance services as well as value-driven technology solutions and tailored M&A offerings. We exist to serve business owners and their families by supporting their day-to-day operations and providing innovative ways to grow and protect their assets.
We truly believe that our number one asset is our employees, which is why we have created an employee-first business model for our firm. We strive to foster an environment where people engage with fulfilling work and grow professionally. Our entire team is supported by our talent development program to ensure everyone is moving forward in their career. We also strongly advocate maintaining a healthy work-life balance and strive to provide the flexibility and resources necessary to achieve it.
Your Career as a Seasonal Tax Accountant
If you’re a natural problem solver who loves working on a variety of projects, this is the career for you! As a Tax Accountant, you will work with a wide range of business leaders utilizing your skillset to organize and process their important financial data. You will work the busy season, then get to enjoy the rest of the year with other priorities!!
Responsibilities for a Seasonal Tax Accountant
• Prepare Partnership, S-corporation, and C-corporation tax returns, including multi-state filings
• Prepare Individual and Trust tax returns
• Support other Tax Associates
• Stay abreast of current tax law and communicate opportunities to Team Members
• Dedicate necessary effort to complete assignments accurately and on time
• 2+ years of relevant experience to the listed responsibilities
• CPA or EA credential a plus
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting
• Ability to work independently
• Understanding of income tax law; including knowledge of individual, fiduciary, and business entity tax return fundamentals
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Proficiency with ProSystem Fx Tax and Fixed Asset programs is ideal
• Excellent Culture – Collaborative, Respectful, Fun, Kind, Learning, Employee-centric
• Firm-wide commitment to work/life balance
• Flexible working arrangements
• Hybrid work schedule
• Professional, yet a relaxed, working environment
• Fun social activities