Chortek is a leading professional service and planning firm with a business-advisor work model to assist our clients. We solve complex challenges every day through supporting our clients in accounting, auditing, and tax compliance services, as well as value-driven technology solutions, and tailored M&A offerings.
We believe our employees are the number one asset and if our employees are taken care of, they will successively take care of our clients. We created an employee-first business model for our firm. A kind and caring environment is the heart of our business, this positive influence allows our employees to engage with fulfilling work and grow professionally. Our entire team is supported by our talent development program to ensure everyone is achieving their professional aspirations. We also provide flexibility and a hybrid work schedule to maintain harmony between work and life to ensure our employees reach their life’s potential in all they are.
Your Career as an Audit and Assurance Manager
Your career as an Audit Manager will consist of working with a variety of clients and supporting our Audit Associates with tasks, feedback, and development. We empower our employees to build their success, develop professionally, and become the best version of themselves both professionally and personally. Your success is our client’s success; we value your input, skillset, career aspirations, and you.
Responsibilities as an (A&A) Audit and Assurance Manager
• Completes Manager level review for engagements in accordance with Chortek’s quality control policies.
• Manages existing client relationships to identify additional service needs.
• Identifies out of scope work and tactfully discusses the issue with client, if appropriate.
• Assumes full responsibility for supervising engagements and special assignments using established firm policies and procedures.
• Coordinates various phases of engagements, plans engagements, budgets time and expenses, monitors actual performance against budget, reviews working papers for accuracy and completeness, and reviews financial statements for suitability of presentation and adequacy of disclosures.
• Provides supervision and on-the-job training to staff assigned to engagement.
• Has an understanding of clients’ internal controls.
• Assigns work to staff members based on their knowledge and capabilities.
• Supports training of staff members, offers guidance and direction, gives constructive criticism.
• Ensures that working papers, and financial statements are prepared in accordance with generally accepted professional and firm standards.
• Communicates engagement’s progress, problems, resolutions, financial information, tax activity and other business concerns to the client.
• Reviews with partner significant findings that raise questions involving accounting principles or statement presentation.
• Conducts technical research, staying up-to-date and informed on standards, trains staff members on standards, and develops best in class processes to implement.
• 3-7 years of relevant experience with the responsibilities listed
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA)
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to manage projects and personnel
• Exhibits confidence in technical capabilities while managing multiple complex clients; highly organized and produces a quality product with appropriate Partner involvement.
• Successfully conducts difficult conversations with client(s) and engagement team members.
• Effectively and efficiently works on multiple engagements at one time, while maintaining excellent client service.
• Develops and begins to demonstrate strong negotiation skills.
o Collaborative, Respectful, Fun, Kind, Learning, Employee-centric
o Firm-wide commitment to work/life balance
o Dress for Your Success-Choose your Attire
o Professional, yet a relaxed- working environment
o Professional Development
o Accessible Leaders
o RSM Alliance Member
o Employee Recognition- Employee of the Month
o Stay connected by Firm and One-on-One Meetings
o 401K Plan with a contribution from the Firm
o Health, Flexible Spending Account, HSA Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD/LTD, EAP, Holiday pay
o Minimum three weeks of vacation, plus forty hours of sick time
o CPA Exam- review course reimbursement; and application and exam fees
o Paid continuing professional education and professional organization dues
o Opportunity for performance bonus
o Fun Social Events, collaborative lunches
o Firm Sponsored Events
o Hybrid Work Schedule
o Flexible Working Arrangements
o Reasonable Tax Season Work Hours
o Summer Hours
o Free Coffee
o Personalized Career Coaching