Chortek is a leading professional services firm with deep industry experience. We are different than other public accounting firms, we are business partners to our clients in accounting, auditing, and tax compliance services as well as value-driven technology solutions and tailored M&A offerings. We exist to serve business owners and their families by supporting their day-to-day operations and providing innovative ways to grow and protect their assets.
We truly believe that our number one asset is our employees, which is why we have created an employee-first business model for our firm. We strive to foster an environment where people engage with fulfilling work and grow professionally. Our entire team is supported by our talent development program to ensure everyone is moving forward in their career. We also strongly advocate maintaining a healthy work-life balance and strive to provide the flexibility and resources necessary to achieve it.
Your Career as a A&A Associate
If you’re someone who wants to work on a variety of projects and have hands on learning, this is the career for you! As an Audit and Assurance Associate, you will work with a wide range of team members and utilizing your skillset to organize and process their important financial data. You will be a key member of our A&A team and an important contributor to our firm’s mission of supporting the success of local businesses.
Responsibilities as an (A&A) Audit and Assurance Associate
• Developing technical knowledge to support client work.
• Working knowledge of software.
• Understands and applies use of available resources.
• Awareness of the complete audit cycle from planning to deliverables and executes appropriate methodologies and audit procedures on basic clients.
• Identifies, analyzes, and evaluates discrepancies uncovered while performing procedures.
• Analyze financial information and prepares basic financial statements (including footnotes).
• Retains and applies knowledge from one client to the next.
• 0-2 years of relevant experience with the responsibilities listed
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Aptitude in time management and completing assignments timely
• Strong curiosity to continuous learning
• Capability of working with a variety of clients and enjoys meeting new people
• Excellent Culture- Collaborative, Respectful, Fun, Kind, Learning, Employee-centric
• Competitive compensation package scaled with experience
• Minimum-Three weeks’ vacation, plus forty hours of sick time
• Paid continuing professional education and professional organization dues
• Firm-wide commitment to work/life balance
• Flexible working arrangements
• Hybrid Work Schedule
• Professional, yet a relaxed working environment
• “Dress for the Day” policy
• Personalized career coaching, development, and support
• Fun social activities
• RSM Alliance member, valuable membership for resources and training