Chortek is a leading professional services firm with deep industry experience. We are different than other public accounting firms, we are business partners to our clients in accounting, auditing, and tax compliance services as well as value-driven technology solutions and tailored M&A offerings. We exist to serve business owners and their families by supporting their day-to-day operations and providing innovative ways to grow and protect their assets.
We truly believe that our number one asset is our employees, which is why we have created an employee-first business model for our firm. We strive to foster an environment where people engage with fulfilling work and grow professionally. Our entire team is supported by our talent development program to ensure everyone is moving forward in their career. We also strongly advocate maintaining a healthy work-life balance and strive to provide the flexibility and resources necessary to achieve it.
Your Career as an A&A Associate- Hybrid
If you are looking for a great opportunity to grow in the accounting and finance space, you have found the right place. We empower our employees to build their success one audit and one client at a time! As an Audit Associate, you will work with team members to learn, develop, and utilize your skill set to organize and process important financial data. Your success is our client’s success; we value your input, skillset, career aspirations, and you.
Responsibilities as an (A&A) Audit and Assurance Associate- Hybrid
• Developing technical knowledge to support client work.
• Working knowledge of the software.
• Understands and applies use of available resources.
• Awareness of the complete audit cycle from planning to deliverables and executes appropriate methodologies and audit procedures on basic clients.
• Identifies, analyzes, and evaluates discrepancies uncovered while performing procedures.
• Analyze financial information and prepares basic financial statements (including footnotes).
• Retains and applies knowledge from one client to the next.
• 0-3 years of relevant experience with the responsibilities listed
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Aptitude in time management and completing assignments timely
• Strong curiosity to continuous learning
• Capability of working with a variety of clients and enjoys meeting new people
o Collaborative, Respectful, Fun, Kind, Learning, Employee-centric
o Firm-wide commitment to work/life balance
o Dress for Your Success-Choose your Attire
o Professional, yet a relaxed- working environment
o Professional Development
o Assessable Leaders
o RSM Alliance Member
o Employee Recognition- Employee of the Month
o Stay connected by Firm and One-on-One Meetings
o 401K Plan with a contribution from the Firm
o Health, Flexible Spending Account, HSA Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD/LTD, EAP, Holiday pay
o Minimum three weeks of vacation, plus forty hours of sick time
o CPA Exam- review course reimbursement; and application and exam fees
o Paid continuing professional education and professional organization dues
o Opportunity for performance bonus
o Fun Social Events, collaborative lunches
o Firm Sponsored Events
o Hybrid Work Schedule
o Flexible Working Arrangements
o Reasonable Tax Season Work Hours
o Summer Hours
o Free Coffee
o Personalized Career Coaching