We take work-life balance seriously! We foster an environment where people engage with fulfilling work, grow professionally, & prioritize their life.
Chortek is a leading professional services firm with deep industry experience. We deliver accounting, auditing, and tax compliance services as well as value-driven technology solutions and tailored M&A offerings. We exist to serve business owners and their families by supporting their day-to-day operations and providing innovative ways to grow and protect their assets.
We truly believe that our number one asset is our employees, which is why we have created an employee-first business model for our firm. We strive to foster an environment where people engage with fulfilling work and grow professionally. Our entire team is supported by our talent development program to ensure everyone is moving forward in their career. We also strongly advocate maintaining a healthy work-life balance and strive to provide the flexibility and resources necessary to achieve it.
Your Career as an Experienced Tax Accountant
If you’re a natural problem solver who loves working on a variety of projects, this is the career for you! As an Experienced Tax Accountant, you will work with a wide range of business leaders utilizing your skillset to organize and process their important financial data. You will be a key member of our Tax team and an important contributor to our firm’s mission of supporting the success of local businesses.
- Prepare and review high level Partnership, S-corporation, and C-corporation tax returns, including multi-state filings
- Prepare and review high level Individual and Trust tax returns
- Interact directly with clients and other Team Members to develop and implement proactive tax planning strategies considering the entire client relationship
- Train Tax Associates and lead in-house training activities for professionals
- Stay abreast of current tax law and communicate opportunities to Team Members
- Make personal development a priority, seeking feedback and opportunities to grow
- Dedicate necessary effort to complete assignments accurately and on time
- 3-5 years of relevant experience to the listed responsibilities
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting/Tax
- Maintains a valid CPA credential
- Ability to work independently under the supervision of the client service team
- Advanced understanding of income tax law; including knowledge of individual, fiduciary, and business entity tax return fundamentals
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency with ProSystem Fx Tax and Fixed Asset programs is ideal
- Competitive compensation package scaled with experience
- Three weeks’ vacation, plus forty hours of sick time
- Paid continuing professional education and professional organization dues
- Firm-wide commitment to work/life balance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- Professional, yet a relaxed working environment
- “Dress for the Day” policy
- Personalized career coaching, development, and support
- Fun social activities