You think a lot about your future as a small business owner, and that thoughtfulness extends to your employees. When you provide your employees with benefit plans, it helps them secure their financial futures. Plus, your benefit packages can attract and retain top talent. What’s not to like? Well, if you’ve spent any time looking into the regulations behind benefit plans, you may be feeling a bit overwhelmed.
We know you want to give your employees great financial futures, which is why we formed the Employee Benefit Plan Audit team at Chortek. We will provide the timely, effective, efficient audits that you need, without adding unnecessary disruption to your daily activities.
Being efficient isn’t the only reason you should work with Chortek. You want to work with a firm that has extensive knowledge relevant to your needs. We do our research.
- Chortek is a member of the Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center. Our membership means that we are committed to continuously educating ourselves to deliver the highest quality audits.
- What we learn from resources, information, and training through the center are directly applied to your audit.
- Our audit team is consistent from year to year, which means you don’t have to train our auditors on your company.
Even if your benefits plan doesn’t require an audit, Chortek can help you better understand the rules and regulations that come along with what you offer your employees. While we don’t sell investments or plan administration services, we can perform an independent diagnostic analysis of your plan. This analysis will help answer any questions you have and direct you to best-in-class benefit plans.
Some of the features that come along with our consulting services include:
- Reviewing the plan document and plan operations to ensure you are following the plan’s provisions
- Reviewing deposits of employee deferrals and sponsor contributions
- Reviewing participant status and managing participant count
- Testing documentation on file for compliance with regulations
- Internal control review
If you have a human resources team or accounting staff that needs support in preparation for an audit by another firm, we can help there, too. Let us take some of the burden off your team, so they can spend their time on value-added activities in your business operations.
Want to know more? Contact us today and let’s figure out what works best for your needs.