Chortek is a leading professional service and planning firm with a business-advisor work model to assist our clients. We solve complex challenges every day through supporting our clients in accounting, auditing, and tax compliance services, as well as value-driven technology solutions, and tailored M&A offerings.
We believe our employees are the number one asset and if our employees are taken care of, they will successively take care of our clients. We created an employee-first business model for our firm. A kind and caring environment is the heart of our business, this positive influence allows our employees to engage with fulfilling work and grow professionally. Our entire team is supported by our talent development program to ensure everyone is achieving their professional aspirations. We also provide flexibility and a hybrid work schedule to maintain harmony between work and life to ensure our employees reach their life’s potential in all they are.
Your Career as a Tax Associate
If you are looking for a great opportunity to grow in the accounting and finance space, you have found the right place. We empower our employees to build their success one tax record at a time! As a Tax Associate, you will work with team members to learn, develop, and utilize your skillset to organize and process important financial data. Your success is our client’s success; we value your input, skillset, career aspirations, and you.
Responsibilities as a Tax Associate
• Performs tax support for our clients
• Make sure the clients comply with federal, state, and local tax regulations
• Prepare tax provisions schedules, returns, payments, reports, and maintain a company’s tax database
• Prepare the quarterly and annual financial statements and tax returns and submit appropriate forms to the various local, state, and federal agencies.
• Keep up to date with tax changes and industry trends.
• Develop tax research skills and apply them to resolving various client tax issues.
• Look for potential opportunities for additional services and bring them to the attention of Senior Managers and Partners.
• 0-3 years of relevant experience to the listed responsibilities
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting
• CPA eligibility
• Ability to work independently
• Understand tax accounting
• Accounting background
o Collaborative, Respectful, Fun, Kind, Learning, Employee-centric
o Firm-wide commitment to work/life balance
o Dress for Your Success-Choose your Attire
o Professional, yet a relaxed- working environment
o Professional Development
o Assessable Leaders
o RSM Alliance Member
o Employee Recognition- Employee of the Month
o Stay connected by Firm and One-on-One Meetings
o 401K Plan with a contribution from the Firm
o Health, Flexible Spending Account, HSA Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD/LTD, EAP, Holiday pay
o Minimum three weeks of vacation, plus forty hours of sick time
o CPA Exam- review course reimbursement; and application and exam fees
o Paid continuing professional education and professional organization dues
o Opportunity for performance bonus
o Fun Social Events, collaborative lunches
o Firm Sponsored Events
o Hybrid Work Schedule
o Flexible Working Arrangements
o Reasonable Tax Season Work Hours
o Summer Hours
o Free Coffee
o Personalized Career Coaching