Chortek is a leading professional services and planning firm with deep industry experience. We deliver accounting, auditing, and tax compliance services as well as value-driven technology solutions and tailored M&A offerings. We exist to serve business owners and their families by supporting their day-to-day operations and providing innovative ways to grow and protect their assets.
We truly believe that our number one asset is our employees, which is why we have created an employee-first business model for our firm. We strive to foster an environment where people engage with fulfilling work and grow professionally. Our entire team is supported by our talent development program to ensure everyone is moving forward in their career. We also strongly advocate maintaining a healthy work-life balance and strive to provide the flexibility and resources necessary to achieve it.
Your Career as a State and Local Tax Accountant- Hybrid
If you’re a natural problem solver and love solving challenging state and local tax questions, and along with working for a variety of clients, this is the career for you. As a State and Local Tax Accountant, you will work with a wide range of business leaders utilizing your specialized skillset to organize and understand their state and local tax compliance. No two days will be alike, and you will specialize in your field.
Responsibilities as a State and Local Tax Accountant
• Work with a variety of clients in many different industries.
• Manage multi-state sales and use tax compliance with nexus studies, voluntary disclosures, and other consultations with clients.
• Participate on income tax return projects with review and recommendations of various state and city filing requirements.
• Plan, execute, direct, and complete tax projects in a wide variety of industries; provide tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients; and manage to budget.
• Develop content and messaging for support of internal training and external marketing emphasis.
• Work with team members on various projects; tax projects, along with cross-department projects
Experience with sales & use tax compliance
- Bachelors or master’s degree in accounting or finance
- 2-7 years of experience in accounting and with sales and use tax
- Hold a CPA designation or the ability to gain one
o Collaborative, Respectful, Fun, Kind, Learning, Employee-centric
o Firm-wide commitment to work/life balance
o Dress for Your Success-Choose your Attire
o Professional, yet a relaxed- working environment
o Professional Development
o Assessable Leaders
o RSM Alliance Member
o Employee Recognition- Employee of the Month
o Stay connected by Firm and One-on-One Meetings
o 401K Plan with a contribution from the Firm
o Health, Flexible Spending Account, HSA Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD/LTD, EAP, Holiday pay
o Minimum three weeks of vacation, plus forty hours of sick time
o CPA Exam- review course reimbursement; and application and exam fees
o Paid continuing professional education and professional organization dues
o Opportunity for performance bonus
o Fun Social Events, collaborative lunches
o Firm Sponsored Events
o Hybrid Work Schedule
o Flexible Working Arrangements
o Reasonable Tax Season Work Hours
o Summer Hours
o Free Coffee
o Personalized Career Coaching