Chortek is a leading professional services and planning firm with deep industry experience.
Winter in WI can get long! Are you looking for part-time or full-time seasonal work? This is a great position for someone who has worked in Audit and Assurance in Public Accounting but only wants to work part of the year (December/January to April). An individual who is close to retirement, retired looking for something to do, a mom or dad looking for seasonal work, a mid-career person who only wants to work part of the year~ really anyone with Audit and Assurance experience looking for seasonal work, we are looking for you!
Your Career as a Seasonal Accounting Associate
The Seasonal Accounting Associate will work on various projects, partnering with team members for on-the-job training, learning, and supporting projects to completion. We have flexible scheduling, hybrid work schedules, and a fun team!
Responsibilities as of a Seasonal Accounting Associate
- Work with a variety of clients.
- Understand the types of financial statement engagements performed by the business unit and the workpaper requirements for each type.
- Identifies discrepancies uncovered while performing procedures and bring them to the attention of the manager.
- Prepare basic financial statements and footnotes.
- Communicate with clients and coworkers in a timely and professional manner.
- Retains and applies knowledge from one client to the next
- Dedicate necessary effort to complete assignments accurately and on time.
- 2+ years of relevant experience to the listed responsibilities
- CaseWare knowledge a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Assurance and Audit Public Accounting experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Understands the limits of personal knowledge and have the confidence to ask questions and seek assistance.