IT- Support Center Consultant- Level 1
Chortek is a leading professional services firm with deep industry experience. We deliver accounting, auditing, and tax compliance services as well as value-driven technology solutions and tailored M&A offerings. We exist to serve business owners and their families by supporting their day-to-day operations and providing innovative ways to grow and protect their assets.
We truly believe that our number one asset is our employees, which is why we have created an employee-first business model for our firm. We strive to foster an environment where people engage with fulfilling work and grow professionally. Our entire team is supported by our talent development program to ensure everyone is moving forward in their career. We also strongly advocate maintaining a healthy work-life balance and strive to provide the flexibility and resources necessary to achieve it.
Your Career as a Support Center Consultant
If you enjoy solving problems, thinking outside the box, and learning new skills, this is the career for you! As a Support Center Consultant, you will be a key member of our IT Team. Working with clients you will have a direct impact as an important contributor to our firm’s mission of supporting the success of local businesses. You will also have access to an IT consulting career path that is limitless.
Your Responsibilities as a Support Center Consultant
- Provide first-line response to technical support requests from managed IT service customers (end users including all levels of employees from entry-level to chief executive); requests arrive via click-to-chat software, network management software, email, and phone.
- Assess, recommend action, and resolve requests within your skill level and appropriate to urgency and severity.
- Demonstrate ownership of requests until conditions require escalation to a higher level of care and response; during escalation, along with owning the communication process.
- Follow systems for communication, designing documentation, and time tracking.
- Participation in weekly on-call rotation to serve as an initial responder to emergency requests from clients.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in an information technology role.
- Proficient user of and extensive familiarity with settings and functions of Microsoft operating systems.
- Intermediate ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems with applications running on and settings within Microsoft operating systems.
- Basic understanding of networking fundamentals including the OSI model and TCP/IP protocol, including DHCP and DNS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- ·Willing to work from Chortek’s office, from home, and from client business locations, as required.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in IT or CompTIA A+ certification
• Collaborative, Respectful, Fun, Kind, Learning, and Employee-centric
• Firm-wide commitment to work/life balance
• Dress for Your Success-Choose your Attire
• Professional, yet a relaxed- working environment
• Professional Development
• Assessable Leaders
• RSM Alliance Member
• Employee Recognition- Employee of the Month
• Stay connected through Firm and One-on-One Meetings
• 401K Plan with a contribution from the Firm
• Health, Flexible Spending Account, HSA Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD/LTD, EAP, Holiday pay
• Minimum three weeks of vacation, plus forty hours of sick time
• Paid continuing professional education and professional organization dues
• Opportunity for performance bonus
• Fun Social Events, collaborative lunches
• Firm Sponsored Events
• Hybrid Work Schedule
• Flexible Working Arrangements
• Free Coffee
• Personalized Career Coaching