We take work-life balance seriously! We foster an environment where people engage with fulfilling work, grow professionally, & prioritize their life.
Chortek is a leading professional services firm with deep industry experience. We deliver accounting, auditing, and tax compliance services as well as value-driven technology solutions and tailored M&A offerings. We exist to serve business owners and their families by supporting their day-to-day operations and providing innovative ways to grow and protect their assets.
We truly believe that our number one asset is our employees, which is why we have created an employee-first business model for our firm. We strive to foster an environment where people engage with fulfilling work and grow professionally. Our entire team is supported by our talent development program to ensure everyone is moving forward in their career. We also strongly advocate maintaining a healthy work-life balance and strive to provide the flexibility and resources necessary to achieve it.
Your Career as an Accounting Specialist
If you enjoy a fast pace, challenging projects, continuously learning, and interacting with clients, your opportunity to grow with the firm and develop your skills is unlimited. We provide work/life balance within a relaxed, yet professional, environment. As an Accounting Specialist will serve on the outsourced accounting team, providing timely and accurate processing of day-to-day accounting transactions, reconciling banks and credit cards, and other weekly and monthly duties.
Successful Accounting Specialist
- Will work efficiently and effectively with clients
- Wants to directly work with clients
- Excels at communication
- Aptitude to active listen
- Ability to problem solve
- Curious- likes to improve processes
- Review processing of A/P, A/R, and other core accounting transactions
- Reconcile bank accounts and corporate credit cards
- Assist with weekly accounting checklists and month-end closing
- Make personal development a priority by seeking feedback and opportunities to grow
- Dedicate necessary effort to complete assignments accurately and on time
- Relevant experience to the listed responsibilities
- Experience working in or for manufacturing companies is ideal
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Online; QB ProAdvisor certification, or a desire to earn it, is preferred
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office 365 platform
- Ability to work independently under the supervision of the client service team
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Competitive compensation package scaled with experience
- Three weeks’ vacation, plus forty hours of sick time
- Paid continuing professional education and professional organization dues
- Firm-wide commitment to work/life balance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Hybrid schedule
- Professional, yet a relaxed working environment
- “Dress for the Day” policy
- Personalized career coaching, development, and support
- Fun social activities