Chortek LLP, a CPA and business advisory firm with a 65+ year legacy of serving private businesses, governmental entities and individual clients throughout the nation is excited to announce the addition of eight new team members hired in various roles within our Accounting, Tax, Technology Consulting and Merger and Acquisition divisions.
- Ann Daugherty joins Chortek as a recent graduate from the University of Wisconsin – Madison where she graduated with a bachelor’s degree in accounting. In her role at Chortek, Ann will focus on the audit and accounting needs of closely-held organizations within Wisconsin.
- Nicholas Kelly is currently seeking his masters of science – professional accounting as a graduate student at the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee. He recently began an internship with Chortek and will work primarily on assisting staff accountants with audit engagements.
- Rebekah Weber is a graduate student in the masters of science – professional accounting program at the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee. She joins Chortek as an accounting intern and will focus on assisting staff accountants with audit engagements.
- Megan Welsh began as a tax intern in 2012 and recently transitioned into a full-time role as a staff accountant. Megan graduated from the University of Wisconsin – Whitewater with a bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance. In her role, Megan will focus on tax planning and compliance services to the firm’s business and individual clients.
- Mark Farrow recently joined Chortek as a technology consultant. He is a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician and a Microsoft Certified Professional. In his role at Chortek, Mark assists clients with their high level IT implementation and ongoing support needs.
- Aaron Hultman joined Chortek as a technology consulting intern. He is a junior at the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee where he is studying information technology management. As an intern at Chortek, Aaron is focusing on facilitating changes to the firm’s database monitoring and alert system and also assisting with the transfer to a new firm wide customer relationship management application.
- Chris Rowoldt is a senior studying information technology management and economics at the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee and recently joined Chortek as a technology consulting intern. In this role, Chris is working on various software related initiatives to enhance workflow and data integration within Chortek.
FORENSIC ACCOUNTING AND LITIGATION SUPPORT
- Steve Potkonjak has been promoted to manager in Chortek’s forensic accounting division. Steve joined Chortek as a supervisor in 2011 and is highly skilled at resolving damage claims arising from contract disputes, embezzlements and accounting malpractice. Steve is a certified fraud examiner and a certified public accountant.
MERGER AND ACQUISITION
- Mary Cajski recently joined CGK M&A Advisors, an affiliate of Chortek that guides business owners through the sale or recapitalization process for their privately-held companies. In this role, Mary is responsible for overseeing all aspects of merger and acquisition services provided to clients. Mary has years of experience helping business owners sell and acquire businesses.
Chortek’s tremendous growth has not been limited solely to the headquarters in Waukesha, WI. Within the past few months, the Washington, DC office, a provider of audit, accounting and technology consulting services to the Federal government, welcomed six new team members. This brings a total of 14 new team members to Chortek and is a result of the growth this firm has experienced within the first half of 2013.