In this month’s newsletter:
- Chortek Sage 100 User Group – October 15 – Registration Open
- Sage Price Increases
- Sage COVID-19: Business Support Finder
- Sage 100 Version 2017 support ends September 30
- Sage Summit 2020 – Orlando – December 9-11
- Chortek Updates – Walk to End Alzheimer’s
- Sage 100 Supported Platform Matrix
- Resources for Sage 100/100c Users
- What Software Products Does Chortek Support?
1. Chortek Sage 100 User Group
The 2020 Sage 100 User Group will be virtual and held on October 15. Registration is now open for the 20 sessions available to you. We will have $25 GrubHub gift certificates for registrants, as well as over $1,000 in vendor gift card giveaways during the event. You can learn more about the sessions by viewing the full agenda. RSVP by filling out a session preference survey – You will be given links to all sessions regardless of your preference about a week before the User Group.
2. Sage Price Increases
- Sage BusinessWorks – 5% on January 1, 2021
- Budgeting & Planning discontinued September 30, 2021
- Sage CRM subscription increasing 5% and Perpetual license 15% on October 1, 2020
- Sage Fixed Assets increasing 5% on January 1, 2021
- Alerts & Workflow Perpetual and Subscription increases on October 1, 2020
- Sage 100 Perpetual increase 15% on October 1, 2020
- Sage 100cloud increasing by 5% on October 1, 2020
Please contact us with any questions regarding any incoming price or renewal increases.
3. Sage COVID-19: Business Support Finder
- The U.S. government has announced various programs to help businesses access financial support to tackle the challenges they’re facing due to COVID-19.
- Sage has put together this simple tool to help you understand which of these programs your business could be eligible for and clear guidance on how you access them. Click below to begin.
4. Sage 100cloud Version 2017 support ends September 30. Product Updates for 2018 already ended.
- Sage 100 Version 2017 customers are now on the clock to get upgraded before support ends on September 30, 2020. Please see our website for What’s New in each edition via our document library and contact your account manager to conduct a planning meeting for your upgrade.
- Product Updates for Version 2018 have also ended although the product is supported through September 30, 2021. See more on supported versions.
5. Sage Summit 2020 will be Orlando – December 9-11
6. Chortek Updates
Please join members of the Chortek team to help end Alzheimer’s. Our team members in Atlanta and Appleton will be walking on September 26th and October 3th respectively.
2018 was the first year the Chortek Business Software Consulting team leader Steve Krueger was involved with ALZ when his Uncle Ron passed away from this disease. Also in 2018, his mother Joyce was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and was moved to assisted living the same weekend her brother passed away. Steve walked in the Appleton event in 2018 and raised $1,200.
Since then, we have learned that many members of the BSC team and the firm have loved one’s battling Alzheimer’s and in 2019 the BSC team created Chortek WI and Chortek Atlanta to support fundraising efforts in finding a cure for this disease. With your help, we raised $2,665 and we hope you will join us in increasing our goal for 2020.
Please consider clicking on one of the links below and support the Chortek team or team members walking and raising money for ALZ.
7. Supported Platform Matrix for Sage 100
Support for Version 2017 ends September 30. More importantly, you will notice product updates end much sooner. While your version may be supported, product updates may no longer be available. At this point, anyone on version 2017 is no longer getting Product Updates or Hot Fixes and year end updates ended December 31, 2019.
8. Resources for Sage 100/100c Users
- Sage Webinars: Sage 100 Cloud Learning Series
- October 6 – Using Business Insights Explorer to Work More Efficiently
- December 17 – Making the Most of Visual Process Flows
- Please visit our document library to view the What’s New documents for Sage 100 versions 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 (these are the currently supported versions). Past versions are also listed.
- Supported Versions: Support for Version 2017 will end September 30, 2020.
- Supported Platform Matrix by version and level: i.e. Windows 10 supported in Version 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 only and support for Windows Server 2016 started with Version 2016. Windows Server 2019 is supported as of Version 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- Files to exclude from Anti-Virus programs – most slowness issues in Sage 100 are anti-virus scanning or hardware related. Be sure to check anti-virus software first.
- YouTube: Sage 100 and Sage Software NA videos
- YouTube: Sage CRM
9. What software does Chortek Support?
- Sage Intacct
- Sage 50cloud (formerly Peachtree)
- Sage BusinessWorks
- Sage 100 and 100cloud
- Sage 100cloud Manufacturing (i.e. JobOps)
- Sage CRM
- Sage Fixed Assets
- Sage Alerts & Workflow
- Sage Inventory Advisor
- Sage AP Automation
- Sage 100 integrated products:
- ScanForce and Scanco for warehouse automation and bar code
- Starship for shipping integration with USPS, UPS, Fedex and others
- EDI Solutions from TrueCommerce, SPS Commerce and Mapadoc
- Avalara for Sales Tax Automation
- Altec for Document Management
- Credit Card Processing – Paya, APS and Century Business
- Web Store interfaces – link web orders to Sage Order Entry (CIMCloud and WebServices)
- MS Access, MS SQL and Crystal Reports